Phi Alpha Philanthropy Event - Los Angeles Homeless Count
Please join USC students and faculty for the annual Los Angeles Homeless Count (see facebook event page). The 2018 Homeless Count reported 52,765 individuals and family members experiencing homelessness, reinforcing the moral crisis in our own backyard. In 2019, thousands of volunteers are needed to update these numbers to better target services, outreach and funding.
- You will receive training, go out with groups, and tally what you see in a designated census tract of people sleeping outdoors, tents, or vehicles.
- How to sign up?: Go to www.theycountwillyou.org
- Register with your USC email address OR
To go to a site near University Park Campus, please select one of the links below:
- (South Central Count): LA Child Guidance Clinic 3787 S Vermont Ave Los Angeles, Ca 9007:
- (Leimert Park Count) : Community Build 4305 Degnan Blvd. # 102 Los Angeles Ca 90008
- (South Park/DTLA Count): United Way located at 1150 S Olive St. 90015
- (Vermont Count): First to Serve/St Joseph Center located at 8525 S Broadway 90003
*Service will last roughly four to five hours and you can go to any of multiple locations throughout Los Angeles County (such as but not limited to the Adams/West Adams Count, South Central Count, and South Park/DTLA Count which are scheduled for the night of January 24th and within a 10 minute drive from campus. Each location can accommodate dozens to over a hundred volunteers so you can sign up with a group and serve together! Service will consist of a training followed by dividing into small groups to cover census tract areas where you will document the location and demographics of our homeless neighbors.
Date: Jan. 22, 2019, 8 p.m. - Jan. 24, 2019, 11 p.m.